We need a new way for disabled people to find the most appropriate employability information and support services in Bucks, and we want you to take a leading role.
Buckinghamshire has a dense, overlapping and opaque network of services supporting disabled people into work.
Volunteer team members will redesign the BucksWorkability website, a site originally built by the NHS to support employment of disabled people. All volunteers will receive the necessary training to complete the work and improve their employment prospects.
What makes this programme special?
- No fixed predetermined plans: team members decide how best to improve the site together
- No fixed roles: work together as required, share skills and knowledge and find tasks which match your skills or interests
- 5 hours direct training and guidance per week
- A standout piece of work experience to really impress employers
- Make a difference to disabled jobseekers in Bucks. The BucksWorkabilty group consists of 34 organisations compromising charities and local government authorities. The new website is crucial in achieving our aim of greater collaboration between support services, employers and disabled job seekers.
Who Will Benefit The Most?
People looking for careers involving digital design, project management, website development, research, content creation (including video) or copywriting, and would like the opportunity to build on their skills and knowledge.
This project offers the opportunity to research, create and promote new content, problem solve, demonstrate high level IT and analytical skills, web-design and artistic skills, UX and UI design, teamwork skills and more. It's run as an agile project, so you can choose tasks that you are most suited to.
Get In Touch
Please say the type of work you are interested in and tell us a little about yourself.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if we don't reply within a few days.